Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Wildlife Sanctuary of NWFL. Our volunteers are a valuable asset to our organization and we encourage you to become a part of our team.
Some things you should know:
1. All volunteers must be 18 years old or older and we cannot allow our volunteers to bring their minor children with them.
2. Volunteer applicants pay a $20 application fee at the time of submitting their application to the Sanctuary. This fee defrays costs of volunteer orientation and printed materials, and also includes a complimentary one-year sanctuary membership!
3. Volunteers do an abundance of household type chores including washing dishes, sweeping, mopping, and laundry. In addition to daily chores, volunteers are given the opportunity to learn the necessary skills to enable them to feed baby birds and mammals, foster animals in need and participate in fundraising events and releases.
4. Volunteers should keep in mind that our goal is always to rehabilitate and release whenever possible. These animals are not pets and must be cared for accordingly. Minimal contact is essential to help ensure they remain wild.
5. Volunteers can help 7 days a week from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. We need volunteers to help on a predictable schedule, minimum once a week for at least 3 hours. (we ask that volunteers be just as responsible with this opportunity as they would be with a regular job.) We depend heavily on our volunteers to make the Sanctuary successful. Consider your work/family/school schedule. Are you able to dedicate four hours a week to the Sanctuary?
If the rewarding job of Sanctuary Volunteer sounds like it is for you, please stop by the Sanctuary and fill out a short application. Upon receipt the volunteer coordinator will call or e-mail you to schedule an orientation that lasts about 2 hours. Volunteer applications can be downloaded and are available at the front desk 7 days a week from 8 AM to 5 PM
Thank you for your interest in the Wildlife Sanctuary's Volunteer Program.
Darleen Willis, Volunteer Coordinator Wildlife Sanctuary of Northwest Florida
If you have any questions, please contact me at email@example.com
Our critters hope to see you soon at the Sanctuary!